Mt. Carmel Track & Field Lettering Guidelines
The following is a explaination of the guidelines used to determine who will receive Varsity Letters. Of course an athlete must attend daily practices and be a contributing member of the team to be considered a varsity letter. Athletes are reminded that missing practices and invitationals for club sports is not acceptable to team members. You are allowed one excused absense for Saturday events since we require you to be at the MC Invite and that is all.
1. Must compete in at least 5 dual meets at the varsity level.
2. Must compete in at least 3 of the following invitationals. (Bronco, Falcon, Mt. Carmel, Jaguar, and Escondido.
3. Your attendance at the Mt. Carmel Invitational is mandatory even though you may not compete in it.
4. Score 10 points on the varsity level.
5. Qualify as one of the top 9 individuals into the league finals.
6. Qualify for the CIF Championships as a result of your efforts in the League Championship meet.
7. Finish the season in good standing.
8. Coaches discretion.